Search This Blog

Thursday 19 February 2015

I "Pamper" her every night.Happiness is an internal feeling!




 Post written for Indi-Happy Hours "Bedtime Rituals" Pamper Baby Dry Pants
I "Pamper" her every night. Happiness is an internal feeling:)



Every home has a bedtime ritual. It may vary with each home though.
A pair of those piggy tails every night, one a little high, another  drooping....now  that’s fine(perfection is ruled out here –for Moms) and everyday her words “ I really don’t like this every night, you start playing with my hair, why don’t you cut my hair.” And I say “Ok cut it when you grow up" All punched into the pink satin ribbon, soft, clean and tidy. I feel good, she feels better. Her comfort..... My relief.

Bed Time Ritual ..I better get away from Mumma



There at the end of that little corner, just on the top of the  sink, there is  an old shelf  and that pink colored  cup holding colorful bristles, they laugh, they smile every night when they see her coming, holding them every night, her expressions  covered underneath her little palm, rubbing,wrestling with those eyes, mouth wide open to greet  the 10th yawn in 10 seconds " I don’t like brushing at night,Mumma!” But then I tell her “Do you want to have your teeth to stay awake all night fighting bacteria or do you want them to glisten and sleep just like you, she says “Yes, I want them to smile while I dream."
I smile at my dreams too and they smile back




The soft pink pyjamas tucked beside the bed could drag me from my mundane ordeal and fill me up with  a gentle sway but my little daughter had all those naughty plans to glance at the pair and say “I don’t want to change; I want to sleep as it is.” And I say “ Do you want your feet and body to wake up all night, and then do all the hard work for you or do you want to enable them to just be like light summer breeze and she says “ I want to hug the breeze and fly in my dreams all light, all night."


I fly in my dreams too...if its a sweet sleep...all light, all night

 And then I just go down the memory lane when I used  to be a new Mom who would battle down every day with  new rituals, being Mommy for the  first time was not a child’s play but nights were all  child’s play. I used to lift her soft cotton like back, put on the “miracle wonder tool” tie it gently down her squishy, cushy skin, with a lullaby and a gentle look in my eyes murmuring softly “My princess you are in safe hands now, you can play all night.” I know she would be taken care of and I knew I too would be. Thanks:) Few things just make your  life a little smooth, a little gentle, a little relaxed....by absorbing all your "Worries".

I love being "Pampered"


Image Courtesy-Myself




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback

Carrying our world in our little pockets

As humans do we all think alike? Or as humans, we have some basic traits of behaving in a similar way because we are of the clone ...