Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Carrying our world in our little pockets

As humans do we all think alike?



Or as humans, we have some basic traits of behaving in a similar way because we are of the clone species. I may like black coffee, but my friend dispels the smell of it

My sister loves the gloomy, rainy skies, I find my vitamin through sunlight.  My daughter prefers sitting back at home and watching a good film, I could wander around nature and have my adrenaline rush to the peak. We both are different in our own way. We all are diverse.
Music for me is like a live wire, I live and die for it, my husband is one step ahead, and he can create his world and live by it if it is all about the auditory sense of sweet melodies.




I had a preconceived notion that my daughter would render a melodious tune by the age of 6, by 13 she would head on to the stagemay be me and my hubby would be called upon the stage to collect an award for the ‘best singer category’ But music does not incite her senses, rather the cricket match had a better commentary note.
What makes us inclined to specific stream may not excite others, why my friend cannot stand the taste of coffee and I live by it? Why I love black and he dislikes red? We are all at variance all the time yet we have a pattern.

Why certain people have better analytical skills while some use visual tact’s to perceive things in a better way, why many kids find it challenging to memorize dates and names, whereas they can create strategies in their chess and checkers impeccably, Why there are kids who have a better understanding of physical space and puzzle and many who could catch the rhythms while learning sounds?

Everything we think, feel and do involves our mind or to be specific to the brain.
The science of human behaviour is quite an interesting or rather complicated chapter if not understood.
Howard Gardner of Harvard says that most students learn in ways that are identifiably distinctive





Why are we all so unique, yet so similar in the basic response mode?
A child behaves in a particular way in a real-life situation and the other may respond to the same situation in another way. Two siblings brought up in the same family might have different neurological concepts to understand the same information and communicate it.
The psychological aspect of reading kids is not always based on experiments,  but it can be all about questioning and observing.

In the mid-20th century,  it was animals receiving stimulus through senses, maybe a chocolate chip cookie would trigger a certain kind of response, similarly,  the human mind is capable of responding to a stimulus, the way we react to things depends on our sensory perception primarily. The child too has different ways of responding to different context, in a varied situation.

The world we create and the world that exists in others mind may be dissimilar. The child has a creation of its own world. Reference and context change accordingly

I looked at the dot on the page; my daughter could find the whole white page existing in front of her. That’s where the questionnaire, that’s where our answers are made.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback

Carrying our world in our little pockets

As humans do we all think alike? Or as humans, we have some basic traits of behaving in a similar way because we are of the clone ...