Search This Blog

Monday 6 January 2014

Recharging my real self


This is a Post written for the Recharge your hair, Recharge your life contest.
 
Recharging my real self-Thanks Sunsilk 
 
 

Globe trekking, Globe trotter, Travel jockey and Travel explorer ...I am really planning to change my profession. The drab looking office personal is just having a voracious appetite for a real thrill in her life.

Those dreary cubicles, those smiley fake smiling faces, some weird looking security guard with his annoying queries and that funny looking new colleague could not fetch that little curve into my lips ...yes smile.
 

The pay pack was the little motivator but passion was more turbulent. Gushing into that passion I had applied for the post of “Travel jockey

And the manifestation did wonders.

The appointment letter, the airplane seats and the dreams of flying far was ultimately coming true till I was with the unit. All thrown into the wild........

I woke up to see the best of nature, winding, dwindling me over and over. The boorish golden sand storm amazed me to the core and I realized what I had missed these days. Nature had all the glories spread in the wilderness but what a pity; man chases all his dreams in those dark cubicles. But the job was not all dream, it had pinches of reality. Nature has a different page when you face it stark, wild and naked.

But my dreams were big, untamed, unchased, all scattered and flowing and I could relate to it.

 I was flowing with the wind of passion.

I had the camera men following me or me following them. The production unit and the toughest part was when they told me that I had to reflect a presentable face with no creases or bulge, emotions have to be alluring as that would attract tourists.

We were at the southern central region of Sahara, The Tenere, as far as eyes could spread its wings, there was those gobbles of grains called sand right from the north-eastern Niger to western area of Chad. My eyes were just seeking for a green patch but it was just like an expedition to “Mars” with no traces of the very colour. A flat basin, with a sheet of sand covered just like a golden blanket. I was so perplexed that I could not stare; neither could I believe my own entity there. I was just fantasizing myself as a mirage ....lost in that wilderness...
 

The sand was stabbing my eyes; my lips were arid like the parched soil and my hair.....that’s a different story.

Dryness had infested every corner, brittle like those churlish little particle of sand, it seemed as if I had tied some ropes into that skull. I was aware of that and wanted to somehow shield it with a little scarf.

My production guy comes off with the most rude remarks “Well, please take off that shabby scarf of yours; it does not create your image. It looks more of tourist attire. Trotter you are, so be in spirits.

Somehow I  took it off. I knew that next time might be they would choose someone a little more attractive.

Towards hotel it was a journey of great delight, exploring the desert for the first time, my joys were too explicit.

But once into the showers, the jubilance on my face was switched off. I started pulling, pushing, strangling and mauling  my silky hair which had made faces and had a grumpy face and tearful eye. My hair always spoke to me like my mind and I knew all was not well with her.

Rushing towards my little bag pack I somehow ransacked the corner to find the little bottle and like  a gobbling child poured a decent amount of Sunsilk Shampoo on my fist, scalped my head and put on the water which flowed from my head to my toes, refreshing my being, taking out all the weariness, drenching me with a fresh tinge of delight, my whole existence was getting a revamp, restoring my own self. I never realized water could be so soul cleansing. It had that direct magnetism on my skin. My hair started touching my skin and I could feel the joy in her soul. She was smiling, teasing, coaxing me "I want that tonic again, it intoxicates me." And  I teased her "You naughty!"
We were two of those best Pals talking to each other in that lonely planet.

I came out from the purification chamber (Bathroom) and tried my tangles it was soft bundle of silk all flying. I felt like flying, my hair felt like those balloon without any strings attached just like me. She felt relieved, relaxed and spoke to me , me, my tangles and my fingers playing those games of bliss, talking to each other and wandering in our thoughts. I loved it, she loved it too, I loved her, she loved me. She comforted me in that lonely Hotel room.
 

Next day it was another tough journey. I knew I had done my home work

Day 2-......................

The place looked like a little heaven of its own kind, the storm though waffled my thought. I was a more confident one that day. My day 2 task was to go on to the, the toughest way.

I knew I looked presentable, my eyes, my face had a glow of determination and poise. I was in my probation period but I had that little fortitude that I could make it... I knew I had made the right choice. I felt light, my head felt lighter, my heart more blissful and my soul so free. I knew I was made for this. The sparks were too strong to dampen my vigour.

Leaving my family, my friends back home, I had come out to this wild world outside. I felt my heart throbbing with gleam.

I had more roads to tread. My first assignment was huge success. Even the TRP was quite high, my inner self sparkling, the sparks were evident from my streaks of hair which vouched my inner radiance too.

My 2nd assignment .....the destination was a place which I had dreamt of visiting my whole life.

Russia...

The place which channelled goosebumps in to my body. I had almost lost my own divine appeal, my meagre beauty which God had gifted me, though the sparks in my hair continued. I was bit apprehensive this time, took a few more bottles as returning back from that part of the world was quite a forlorn story for some months. But I had enough spirit which sprinkled the colourful beads of joy, my passion was so starved, it wanted more.
 

 

Dom bay was the place, as a travel enthusiast I had always found Google the most friendly place to wander virtually but here I was away from the virtual world, reality bites, sometimes sweet, sometimes a little too sweet and many a times a little bitter, I guess.

Skiing high on the Caucasus Mountain, was a bitter bite or a freezing bite or just a skin piercing, hair raising bite...I wonder ;) The skiing area was around the Mt Musa Achitara 1,800 mt above sea levels. Glaciers, snow winds, mountain laced with snow were all I could see. Tough terrain, my shivering spine, body quite covered with lots and lots of heavy stuffs stooping, hunching my frail torso and my head battling with wind, hair looked something like thin sticks of broom but I knew I had that little bottle which would wash away my fatigue, renew my outer attire again and gift me my spark.
 

That day was a day which I could have put in red ink because the place was exotic, my entire coverage was extraordinary in spite of the inclement climate and natural terrain but I had enjoyed every bit of my passion. I breathed the air of bliss, of freedom.

Back home with a strong cup of black coffee, my body all glistening with my new success. My mind was still into those white lofty peaks, my soul flying  high into a beautiful heaven ...heaven was about happiness wherever I be, does not matter where:) My hair was all talking to me, shining brightly and applauding me and I holding her in my fist, slipping my gentle fingers, feeling her warmth, her softness, playing with her bundle and speaking to her as my only soul mate there in that lonely hotel room “You are just like my little heart full of warmth and happiness, you glow, you are my reflection. I owe myself a treat for my choice and your treat is in my bag."

For the first time I had felt my happiness  thriving inside me. Happiness for being what I am, for what I desired to be.
 

The Desert tempted me

The snow had proposed

The river wooed

The storm provoked

I had promised

To be me

To reflect my inner beauty

To gather those nature’s joy

In my hands,

Through my skin

With my mind

And tie it with my tender ribbon of silk

The joys so wrapped in it

The delight of holding happiness

Such a joy, such sunlight, such an ecstasy.
Image Courtesy -Google

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Travel jockey... profession looks so much fun... and for this u really need to have recharged hair always...
    Loved the post...

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback

Carrying our world in our little pockets

As humans do we all think alike? Or as humans, we have some basic traits of behaving in a similar way because we are of the clone ...